Our client is a global leader providing data-driven intelligence and insight to businesses and professionals around the world, enabling them to make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge.
The Marketing Platforms Product Owner is responsible for the orchestration and enablement of the marketing platforms, bringing to life the capabilities within those and working hand in hand with the vertical teams to support delivering each vertical’s strategic initiatives and objectives.
This role will play a critical part in helping the teams to understand their end to end customer journeys, what mechanisms and tools are available to help drive conversion through those journeys, optimising the key touchpoints within the funnel, and driving adoption and enablement of the vast capabilities available to the business, at the right time and in the right way.
You will have a deep understanding of the Martech stack and associated platforms that play a key role in supporting Marketing, and will be accountable for defining the roadmaps, cross platform initiatives, and usage within those platforms to deliver the desired results of the business stakeholders. Working closely with the in-vertical Marketeers, this person will own an enablement plan to bring to life the adoption of capabilities and facilitate the successful outcome of implementing key initiatives aligned to the strategic focus areas of the verticals. This crux of this role will be centred around driving operational efficiencies, better qualified Marketing leads and the ultimate goal to make Marketing easier.
* Own the definition of the roadmaps for the marketing platforms, working closely with business stakeholders and wider platform owners across the division
* Work closely with the technology teams around sprint planning, development aligned to the roadmaps, delivery of initiatives and use cases as well as the core maintenance of the platforms
* Through excellent relationships with the vertical teams, understand the business challenges and opportunities and build out plans to leverage platform capabilities to best meet the business needs
* Through sound knowledge of the customer, identify the right approaches to engage with prospects / customers at the right time in the right place within the customer journey and work with the data team to map out and track through the journey
* Continually evaluate marketing tools, platforms, and systems to ensure ours evolve as the verticals’ business needs change to include evaluation of new marketing tools, platforms, and systems.
* Working closely with and representing the verticals’ marketing teams create and deliver business cases to support investment in proposed new features to current systems, marketing tools, platforms and systems/newly acquired ones
* Drive the understanding of the end-to-end customer journey for the II marketing teams, map out the customer journeys and associated platforms that play a part in these journeys.
* Work with the vertical teams to drive optimisation and engagement plans to improve the conversion and customer experience
* Be a member and stakeholder in any committees executing on development and implementation of any new tools, platforms and systems
* Work with the vertical marketing teams to help track and understand marketing KPIs
* Drive optimal success and usage marketing platforms through owning the adoption plan and ongoing training and education of the marketing teams.
Qualifications (what we are looking for):
* Extensive experience with CRM, marketing automation, and other marketing platforms a must, including knowledge of Sitecore or similar experience engine
* Proven experience around identifying key touchpoints within the customer journey and building plans to track, optimise and enhance effectively
* Excellent analytical skills with the ability to dive into detail and analyse key issues, identify insights, and develop actionable recommendations
* Solid experience of owning roadmaps and delivering against these aligned to business requirements and objectives
* Proven experience of building out platform capability adoption plans and delivering these via solid relationships with business stakeholders
* Sound knowledge of data models and the data flow through marketing platforms and defining plans to leverage capabilities to build out the data
Skills & experience:
* Decisive and action oriented
* Sound knowledge of the customer and approaches to marketing to drive engagement and conversion
* Excellent communicator, facilitator and relationship builder.
* Confident communicator able to influence at all levels, inspires and motivates others, proactively collaborates throughout the organisation, a great team player
* Performance-driven; measures and demonstrates commercial impact
* Champions change, analytical problem solver, looks inside and out to lead innovation (strategic, tactical, and iterative), domain expertise, and pro-active self-development
* The ideal candidate will have demonstrated career progression to being able to manage global teams with direct line responsibility and on a virtual basis, and will be able to bring out the best in demanding situations
* Have clear expertise and experience in a broad range of business intelligence-based marketing tactics and strategies, and analytics