My leading brand agency is currently on the lookout for a Head of Marketing Technology to join their growing team. The major objective of this role is to guide both the agency and individual clients through a world of ever more complicated technical offerings, prioritising and providing guidance as to what to do now and next that will produce a meaningful difference.
The Head of Marketing Technology leads, and is supported by our data science team, comprised of 8 multi-disciplined individuals ranging from Developers to Analytics Directors. As head of the department the role is responsible for not just the vision and communication of technology but also the delivery of all technical and data focused projects the agency runs.
As a team lead, and alongside the other senior team members, you will establish and implement departmental policies and procedures to support the efficient running of the team and development of team members long term career goals. Integrating team members personal development together with current projects and project design to get the best employee engagement and outcomes for our clients.
Responsibilities of The Role:
• Take full ownership of the technical roadmap the agency is on as well as educating clients on their own technical journey.
• Respond and present responses to new business proposals and existing clients who want to do something new.
• Prioritize R&D efforts and what we build internally.
• Mentoring and developing the team to constantly improve the quality of work and extend the range of outputs they are capable of.
• Be the subject matter expert for technical solutions, including new supplier evaluations and new techniques
• Interpret client needs into appropriate scopes of work that are costed correctly
• Translate between developers and non-technical contacts to achieve successful projects
• Balance team resource between client projects and their R&D responsibility
• Develop new business and client growth opportunities for tech + analytics as needed to hit the agency and team targets.
• Willingness to learn and re-evaluate preconceptions
• Tact, diplomacy, maturity in relating and interacting with people at all levels Skills
• Clear communicator of complex ideas to the internal team or to clients
• Commercially aware, understanding how fee translates into resourcing and campaign results
• Strong understanding of wider media channels and environment
• Coaching skills and ability to manage a team
• Strong numerical and analytical capabilities, including use and creation of Excel formulas
• A logical approach to troubleshooting
• Likes finding/suggesting better strategies and faster ways of doing thing
• Ability to independently research news stories, industry developments or opportunities and relay these to the wider business – we are looking for pro-active individuals
• 7+ years in Digital Advertising within technical areas
• Extensive DR experience on a range of budgets and targets.
• Experience training and mentoring other team members
• Previously managed a team of at least 4/5
• Experience using and evaluating a range of Marketing / Advertising Technology
• Confident with all aspects of attribution methodologies and applications
• Hands on experience running and optimising media campaigns